Wednesday, March 21, 2012

More Starting Points

I posted previously about Starting Points, a concept I learned about from Shimelle Laine.

Here are some additional layouts I created, using two different Starting Points.

Besties for 21 Years

(Supplies: Card stock by Recollections. Flowers by Prima. Patterned paper by Jilliebean Soup and American Crafts. Numerals by American Crafts. Letter stickers by Pebbles. Felt flower by Creative Impressions. Other stickers by Die Cuts With a View. Die cut borders by Bazzill. Spray ink by Glimmer Mist. Buttons by Making Memories. Brad, unknown manufacturer.)

I used the photo matte a little differently, turning the design so that it provided background and a place for the title, rather than just a plain matte for the photo. I really dig the versatility of this design, how there's so much space for whatever I want to add to it.

A Day in Ann Arbor

(Supplies: Card stock by Recollections. Patterned paper by Jilliebean Soup and American Crafts. Acorn embellishment cut from Bella Blvd. patterned paper. Small letter stickers by October Afternoon. Large letter stickers by American Crafts. Buttons by Making Memories. Shimmer pen by Gelly Roll. Chalk ink by Colorbox.)

A similar layout with a photo from the same time period, but again, a totally different look. This time I did center the photo in its matte, and it works really well for this layout. I dig that little acorn cut-out and all those buttons.

So Much More Than a Phone

(Supplies: Card stock by Stampin' Up! and Recollections. Flowers by Petaloo. Patterned paper and stickers by Echo Park. Spray ink by October Afternoon. Stamp by Girls Paperie. Dye ink by Stampin' Up! Brads by Bo Bunny.)

And yet another look with the same Starting Point, this one using card stock as a matte. A fun page to put together, and I loved that I used up some patterned paper and stickers from last year's Echo Park Springtime collections. I dig the fresh colors, especially the purple, that goes so well with the photo.

Have you tried a Starting Point yet? Check out this post by Shimelle Laine to get inspired and give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment