Thursday, August 9, 2012

First Layout with Studio Calico Kit

I finally took the plunge and signed up for a kit subscription to Studio Calico, and the first kit arrived day before yesterday. I actually ordered one of the add-ons, too, which included an alphabet stamp set that I know I'm going to use a lot. Both kits are full of great supplies, and I was inspired to get started creating yesterday morning.

Here's the first layout:

(Supplies: Marker by Stampin' Up! Chalk ink by Colorbox. Spray ink by Glimmer Mist. Brads, unknown manufacturer. All other supplies from Studio Calico kits for August and special class kit by Studio Calico for Two Peas in a Bucket.)

My plan was to stick with the main August kit and the add-on I bought as much as possible. I did wind up digging into a special Studio Calico kit I purchased from Two Peas awhile back. The colors coordinate well, and I love the wooden embellishments on this page. I love how easily this page came together. When I sat down to get started, the photo blended so well with the papers I was already drawn to use, and I really dig the three journaling cards in a row.

I've completed another layout, but I ran out of good light to photograph it, and today? It's grey...all day long. But I have two other layouts to post, coming soon, and there's bound to be an announcement about 30 in 30 Scrapbooking for September any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment