Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hello, Story - Week 3

For week 3 of the Hello, Story class, we were challenged to create a layout and tell a story that incorporated directional elements. As I was watching the video, I thought of the photo I wanted to scrapbook first, the title I wanted to use, and how perfectly directional elements--particularly arrows--would complement the story I wanted to tell.

I used a sketch by Shimelle Laine, and the page sort of went a different direction than I'd originally intended. Starting out with a plan for clean lines with a more mature feel to the page, I wound up with a little more of a playful, childlike tone with the supplies I chose.


There are a few arrows, and I think the page overall reflects the idea of motion, so I'm happy with it. This is an important story, one that contains a lot of emotion for me. I was also to echo a little piece of Ali Edwards' design with the little "Go, go, go" sticker.

For this page, I used supplies from My Own Kit - May 2013, which is posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment