Friday, August 23, 2013

My Own Kit - August 2013


My Own Kit for August 2013 was inspired by that mini sheet of stickers right up front. I chose papers from that same collection by My Mind's Eye, some from the Echo Park Paper collection called Here & Now, one sheet from Dear Lizzy, and one from Bella Blvd. I collected a bunch of flowers, some leaves from Amy Tangerine, buttons from Stampin' Up! I added those Mistable arrows from Studio Calico, some enamel dots from My Mind's Eye, lots of Thickers (some remnants, one new), a roll of washi tape, some ribbon and die cut borders from Bazzill. A few bits of chipboard, some die cut tickets, some stickers from October Afternoon, and some Kaisercraft gems, and a frame by Maggie Holmes round out the collection, and I chose some letter stamps, some circle stamps by Ali Edwards, and that great stamp by Elise Blaha that I don't use nearly enough.

The little twist on this kit is that I chose some colors that aren't typically at the top of my list, like navy and that oh-so-bright green. But that's one of the reasons I originally wanted to subscribe to kit clubs--to stretch my creativity--so I'm looking forward to playing with My Own Kit for August and seeing what kinds of pages I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment