Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Own Kit - Big Theme Kits

It's no secret that I am totally digging My Own Kits. Having a limited set of supplies to work from keeps my creativity and productivity humming, and it's something I hope to keep doing as long as I'm scrapbooking.

During February, as I was going through my photos and my big binder of planned scrapbook pages (I should totally do a post about that!), I noticed that I had quite a few layouts to make with autumn and winter as the predominant theme, and I came up with the idea of assembling a bunch of seasonal papers and embellishments into two big themed kits, one for autumn and one for winter. Then I could work from those two kits, get some stash used, and get those stories told.

Easy peasy.

I went through my stash and came up with this kit for autumn:


First, papers. And I had a lot of them. The photo doesn't even do that stack of lovely autumn goodness justice. Some of the papers I selected were not autumn themed at all, but the colors spoke of autumn to me.


Next, a basket overflowing with tasty autumn goodness, including a bag of fussy-cut images, tags I made one creative autumn afternoon, burlap ribbon, rub-ons, pumpkins, leaves and brads and buttons. Anything and everything fall. There's even some raffia in there!


A few days later, and inspired by May Flaum's stamping class, I pulled out some stamps to include on my autumn pages. The swirl stamps aren't particularly autumn-themed, but they remind me of blustery fall days, so I threw 'em in. Why not, right?

For my winter kit, I went a little different direction, only because I have a couple winter collections that include papers and embellishments.


Here you see both old and newer lovelies from Echo Park and Bo Bunny, along with some pretty old remnant stickers by Basic Grey.


And here, some random stuff that speaks of winter to me, including ribbon, glitter tape, snowman buttons and snowflake brads, stickers and die cuts and wood veneer. Plus some things that can be altered to be very wintry indeed. (I'm sure I'll be adding stamps once I dive into this kit, too.)

Already, the autumn kit has jump-started my scrappin' creativity, and my next post will share my process for creating a multi-page layout with some of the supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment