Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Own Kit, February 2014

Last year, I started creating My Own Kits for scrapbooking. If I recall correctly, the first one was for March, and I loved the process of selecting papers and embellishments and stamps and stencils to coordinate into a kit I could use to create several layouts. Even with everything going on last year, I was able to put together kits for March through September, but things in my life got crazy in October, and it just didn't happen for that month or for November. At least not yet. I have papers set aside, but I haven't been able to add the other stuff. I did manage to assemble a huge December kit, my Journal Your Christmas kit, which is still packed into a scrapbooking bag on a chair in my craft room...

...but that's another story.

The kit I wanted to create for January still isn't finished either, but I did get inspired to create this kit for February of this year, and I can hardly wait to get into it.


Lots of hearts and florals and doilies in this one, and I added a package of Project Life cards to the mix, inspired by the Scrapbooking Outside the Pocket class I'm taking at Big Picture. There's some older stuff included, like the Queen & Co felt fusion that was a giveaway and the Stampin' Up! ribbon I've had for several years. Also some new stuff, like the papers and stamp set from Crate Paper. I'm hoping to create many pages about my relationship with Daniel since most of that story has gone unscrapbooked, and the theme of this kit will, I think, play well in telling the stories of us.

Coming soon: the Great Big Kits I put together for autumn and winter themed pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment