Monday, March 31, 2014

Smile - Thoughts on Aging

I recently became a member over at Simple Scrapper, and let me tell you: that site is awesome. The content is spectacular and inspiring, and there's a great community of scrappers I'm just beginning to get to know.

Yesterday, during my Sunday morning scrapping time, I set out to use one Storystarter and one sketch that were part of March's content. I was also inspired by the week 3's content in the Scrapbooking Outside the Pocket class at Big Picture.

First, I started with a printed sketch and the list of Storystarters, a few pocket supplies from Simple Stories, and my photo:



Next, I pulled some coordinating scraps from my scrap basket:



My next step was determining which card to use where in my version of the sketched page. After I made those choices, I wasn't sure what card stock base to use.

White?



Or kraft?


Though the kraft looks a bit better in the photos, in real life, the white card stock provided a much more appealing base for the photo and papers.

My finished layout looks like this:

(Supplies: card stock by Core'dinations. Patterned paper and stickers by Stimple Stories. Brads by Making Memories.)

The page came together in probably less than 30 minutes, and I loved that I used more remnants and scraps of supplies I already got a whole lotta scrappin' mileage from.

Want to check out Simple Scrapper and possibly join up? All the details can by found by clicking right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment