Saturday, September 26, 2015

Stamping Challenge - Set Number Five

For the month of September, I've been conducting my own personal 30 in 30 Stamping Challenge, outlined in this post, and the fifth set I used was Thinking of You by Penny Black:


1. Quintessentially Livvie Layout


For this page about my niece and her very cool personality, I used the leafy border stamp and the butterfly from this set. The buttons are from Stampin' Up!, and the enamel hearts from Pebbles. The enamel dots are from Doodlebug. Everything else is from Simple Stories.

2. Tags


I was in the mood to play with ink and techniques, so I created these two tags, using two different stamps from the set.

Here are details for each one:


The brand new Distress color, Wilted Violet? SO gorgeous! I love the way it mixes with Mermaid Lagoon and Broken China. I used two different background stamps to add texture, Print Pattern and French Script from Stampin' Up!, the latter with silver Distress paint. Glitter stickers from Heidi Swapp add even more shimmer, and the sentiment sticker is from Teresa Collins. The enamel dots come from Doodlebug. So much fun creating this tag--though I confess, it was the second version; the first one was an epic fail. Version two? Love it!


This one uses a color combo of Distress inks that I stumbled upon accidentally when I was testing out colors to coordinate with another project. Those colors are Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Barn Door. I stamped one of the images from this stamp set a couple times in red on the top of the tag, then embossed it in black in the middle. Three butterfly stickers, some enamel dots from Queen and Company and some red gems, along with a bit of Heidi Swapp mist in gold round out this tag that will be perfect for a card or a layout or...?


3. Thinking of You Card


For this card, which I created for a friend of my Mom's I've been writing to, I used the border stamp, the sentiment stamp, and the daisy stamp. I stamped the image in Archival ink from Ranger, colored with markers, then watercolored the backgrounds with Distress ink. I REALLY dig the result! A couple of doilies and some sequins bring it all together. I think my pen pal will be delighted.

***

So...with four days of the month left, I've only completed half of my projects, though there are two more in progress right now. Wonder how many more I can finish before September is behind us...

No comments:

Post a Comment