Saturday, September 26, 2015

Stamping Challenge - Set Number Three

The third set I used in my stamping challenge was Work of Art by Stampin' Up!:


And these are the projects I created with these stamps:

1. Rockin' the Nu-Step Layout


For this one, I used the border stamp to create...well, a border with colors I matched to some stickers and patterned paper cuts from Echo Park Paper, and I used the heart stamp to accent one of those cut pieces. Several stickers and enamel dots, and Basic Grey letters for the title finish up this page.


2. Date Night Layout


Another card I saw at SplitCoastStampers inspired me to use the heart stamp in this set to create banners for this page, also adding a few hearts as accents. I won't lie: cutting out all those stamped hearts was a bit laborious, but the result made me happy. The Simple Stories patterned paper, part of My Own Kit-April 2014, provided my color scheme, which coordinated well with my photos. I used letter stickers from the same Simple Stories collection (also part of my kit) and some buttons and stickers and enamel dots, and I finished it all up with Distress spray stain.


3. Coloring With Markers Layout


This one was a lot of fun. The Basic Grey patterned paper on the left was my jumping off point, and I coordinated inks to make my own patterned paper background for the right side of the page, using one of the brush stroke stamps and the heart stamp. I also stamped and cut out a couple of hearts for embellishments, and colored some white letter stickers for part of the title. A couple of stickers, some gems and epoxy hearts, and doilies peeking out from behind the matted photos complete a layout that is bright and colorful and makes me oh-so-happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment