Sunday, November 1, 2015

When October Goes, 2015

October. My favorite month of the year. This one, admittedly, a bit more turbulent than most, but still...I enjoyed its moments. Here are some of my favorite photos from October, 2015.


Sunset at the intersection of 9 Mile and Middlebelt Roads.



Me and my love, together for 14 years, married for 13. So lucky. So much in love.



The light and water show at the Bellagio, Las Vegas. We were there for a conference and to celebrate our anniversary.



Me at the Starbucks near New York, New York, Las Vegas.



The baby tiger at The Mirage. So adorable.



Also at The Mirage, this playful dolphin, flirting with all of us watching from the below ground aquarium. Seeing the dolphins was probably my favorite part of the Las Vegas experience.



Back in the Mitten, fall color in the sunlight.



Daniel and I were invited to visit an elaborate Halloween display at two homes in the area. Every year, these talented people decorate their yards with all kinds of characters and lights and other nifty stuff. That's me with Yoda and Vader, wearing Daniel's Amazon conference jacket because I was freezing, and he is a sweetheart.



More autumn gold. Every year, I find the trees more and more breathtaking.



Me and Daniel, Star Wars fans. I tried and tried to come up with a great costume for us, but while October is my favorite month, it was also a difficult month, so we went easy with the costumes and had a great time at our friend Jenna's charity Halloween bash.



Our nephew DJ as The Punisher. Awesome.



And one more shot of that magnificent autumn color, so fleeting. The leaves are probably already off that tree, danced to the ground by the wind.

As the song by Barry Manilow says, "I should be over it now, I know. It doesn't matter much how old I grow. I hate to see October go..."

No comments:

Post a Comment